- Supported Frequency Bands: 7/800 MHz, VHF and UHF Range 1 and Range 2 bands
- Modes and Protocols Include: Analog MDC-1200 and QCII, Digital P25, Conventional or Trunked, Smartnet / SmartZone, clear or secure, repeater or direct
Fit for the mission
- Aggressive T-shape so the radio is easier to grip even with wet or slippery hands.
- Top Display provides quick access to radio status information and critical notifications.
- Intelligent Lighting uses 3 simple colors to alert users of critical radio events like emergency, low battery, out of range and private calls and pages.
- Voice Announcement provides audible confirmation of zone/channel selections and various feature like scan, direct mode, emergency, encryption and controls lock.
- Radio Profiles allows the agency to create custom user experience based on the role and mission of the user.
- Aluminum Alloy Endoskeleton protects the radio’s interior from water intrusion even if the outer housing is breached.
- IP68 Rating ensures the radio can withstand two meters of water submersion for four hours.
- MIL-STD 810 C, D, E, F, G rating ensures you can rely on your radio in the most extreme environments.
- Tempered Glass protects the radio’s color display user interface from scratches, impact and pressure.
- Dual Latch Battery protects the radio from resetting, powering off or ejecting the battery upon impact from drops.
- Multiple hardware encryption algorithms like AES, DES, ADP with up to 128 keys so sensitive information stays protected from scanners and eavesdroppers.
- Over-the-air Re-key (OTAR) to efficiently update encryption keys of fielded radios over time.
- P25 Radio Authentication ensures only valid users can access the system.
- Two-factor Authentication allows users to securely query databases.
Adaptive audio engine
- Adaptive Dual-sided Operation using beam-forming technology so you can talk into either side of the radio.
- Adaptive Noise Suppression adjusts the audio algorithm so you can cancel out the noise as it changes in the environment.
- Adaptive Speaker Equalization adjusts the 3 watt loud speaker settings based on volume selection so the sound is optimized for talker authenticity at lower volumes and speech intelligibility at higher volumes.
- Adaptive Gain Control adjusts microphone gain based on how loud you talk into the radio to ensure a consistent audio level on the receiving end.
- Adaptive Windporting engages a third microphone in order to cancel out wind noise.
Integrated WiFi and data connectivity
- Update your radio fleet software more efficiently without interrupting voice communications or waiting for idle radios.
- Up to 20 WiFi Networks can be provisioned in the radio so that users can seamlessly receive radio software updates at facility WiFi access points or in the field via WiFi hot spots.
- GPS Outdoor Personnel Tracking shares your personnel’s location, resulting in more efficient task assignment and enhanced officer safety.
- Mission Critical Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 places a wide range of wireless accessories at your disposal and provides personnel with an added level of security by improving response time in emergencies. With Emergency Find Me, a Bluetooth-enabled beacon signal guides other Bluetooth-enabled APX radios within range to assist the user in distress.
- Mission Critical Geofence ensures fast communication and collaboration across multiple departments arriving on a scene by automatically placing first responders in the same talkgroup when they enter an agency-defined virtual barrier.