The device is ready to use within seconds. This means that you can perform an (active) test on a subject at any time. It is also possible to measure alcohol in the ambient air (passive), in which case a mouthpiece isn‘t required.
All functions required for a measurement are activated with the convenient blue OK button, while two menu buttons are used for navigation.
The tried and tested electro-chemical Dräger sensor in the Alcotest 6000 is distinguished by its very fast response times and a long service life. It operates with extreme precision and reliability. The analysis is reliable even at temperatures of -5 to +50 °C / 23 to 122 °F. The sensor also delivers reliable results quickly in case of a high alcohol content, for both active and passive measurements.
Dealing with intoxicated people requires a high degree of attention and concentration. An intuative operation of the device is an important aspect for ease of use and smooth breath testing procedures.
All measurement functions can be operated with just one button to make it easier for you to perform the test. The large back-lit display is easy to understand due to its full-text messages which guide you securely through the alcohol test. An LED and audible signal complement the display and indicate the end of a measurement process. Two menu buttons are used to navigate through the menu, enabling you to perform functions such as reviewing the last test results and optional printing.
The sophisticated product design meets the requirements for performing the breath alcohol test quickly, easily and hygienically: The shape of the Slide‘n‘click mouthpiece allows you to intuitively fit it correctly, even in the dark. The Alcotest 6000 is ready to use again immediately after changing the mouthpiece. Furthermore, attempts at obstruction are consistently rejected by the device: The air outlet cannot be closed, foiling any attempts to manipulate the device when giving a breath sample.
A spacer on the mouthpiece keeps the lips of the person being tested from coming into contact with the device’s housing. The spacer can also be used as a mouthpiece ejector if necessary. Mouthpieces with return valve are also available upon request.
Hygiene is an increasingly important part of our everyday lives. Dräger Alcotest breath-alcohol detection devices use non-invasive measuring technologies with a high degree of hygiene – for the user as well as the test subject – thanks to the following features:
- During testing, the exhaled air is directed past rather than through the device
- There is a 90° angle between the user and the test subject during testing
- Disposable mouthpiece is individually packaged
- Benefits of the Slide ’n’ Click mouthpieces:
– safe, hygienic distance between user and test subject
– spacer prevents direct contact between lips and device
– mouthpiece is easy to remove
– the non-return valve prevents inhalation of air through mouthpiece
With over 65 years of experience, Dräger is the global market leader in the field of breath-alcohol testing. Police in many countries use devices from the Alcotest product series in everyday traffic monitoring. The Alcotest 6000 is made in Germany and meets the highest standards of quality. It uses the same, professional EC sensor technology, ensuring precise test performance and secure results.
- Sensor technology
- Dräger Electrochemical Sensor / Fuel cell
- Data storage
- 100 Tests
- Data readout via PC
- Charging of rechargeable batteries in device
- Print option
- Language conversion by customer
- Active breath alcohol test
- Non-Contact breath test
- Passive breath alcohol test
- Dräger Alcotest mouthpiece
- Dräger Alcotest funnel
- Displayed Results
- Alcohol concentration value will be shown
- Measuring range
- up to 2.5 mg/L
- Operating temperature
- -5°C – 50°C
- Black / White
- Connection port
- Micro USB
- Type of battery
- Number of tests from full battery
- Protection class
- Calibration interval
- 6 months
- Start up time
- 4 seconds
- Analyse time after test sample
- 3 to 25 seconds
- Recovery time to be ready for next test
- 20 to 120 seconds
- CE Sign
- EU Police approval (EN15964)
- EU Private Use approval (EN16280)
- ✗ not approved, because not required as no application in this area
- NHTSA Evidential
- ✓ (AS3547:2019)
- German Lloyd
- ✗ not approved
- US Coast Guard