There are two main methods:
• Qualitative: The test subject dons the appropriate RPE, then places a hood over their head creating a chamber. Solution, such as, Bitrex is sprayed into the hood whilst the test subject carries out a number of exercises. The solution should only be tasted if the RPE is poorly fitted.
• Quantitative: The subject is tested via a Portacount that will measure the number of particles in the atmosphere versus the number of particles inside the mask, this allows you to calculate a Fit Factor.
This type of test also allows you to accurately compare various models of respirators suitability.
- Elipse P3, A1P3, ABE1P3, B1P3
- SPR299/SPR501, SPR337/SPR502, SPR338/SPR503, SPR425/SPR505, SPR580/SPR581
- Integra P3, A1P3, ABE1P3, B1P3
- SPR407/SPR406, SPR404/SPR405, SPR444/SPR401, SPR583/SPR584
- Elipse P100/P100 Nuisance Odour
- SPR451, SPR457, SPR449, SPR456
- Integra P100/P100 Nuisance Odour
- SPR549, SPR550, SPR551, SPR552