Construction / Civil Engineering
Second Work / Craftman
Services / Logistics
Oil / Gas
REGULATION (EU) 2016/425
EN365 : 2004 Personal protective equipment against falls from a height – General requirements for the instructions for use, maintenance, periodic examination, repair, marking and packaging.
Instructions for periodic inspections shall include inter alia:
– A recommendation for the frequency of periodic inspections, taking into account factors such as regulation, the type of equipment, frequency of use, and environmental conditions. This recommendation shall include a clause stating that the periodic inspection should be conducted at least once every twelve months;
– A warning to emphasise that periodic inspections should be only carried out by a competent person in strict compliance with the manufacturer periodic inspection procedures.
VISUAL INSPECTION FOR:
Harnesses, belts, lanyards, ropes, energy absorbers, self rectractable devices that cannot be dismantled (e.g. AN102), connectors, our kit components (except ELARA270), temporary anchors (tripod, LV201…)
MECHANICAL INSPECTION FOR:
Self retractable devices that can be dismantled, rescue equipment (e.g. TC2013).
EN795:2012 Personal fall protection equipment : Anchorage devices
|TYPE||B||Anchorage device type B|
– TYPE A-NON PPE: Anchor device with one or more stationary anchor points with the need of a structural anchor.
– TYPE B: Anchor device with one or more stationary anchor points without the need of a structural anchor.
– TYPE C-NON PPE: Anchor device employing an flexible anchor line with maximum deviation of 15°.
– TYPE D-NON PPE: Anchor device employing an rigid anchor line with maximum deviation of 15°.
– TYPE E: Anchor device for use on surfaces with a maximum slope of 5°.
EN362 : 2004 Personal protection equipment against falls from a height – Connectors
A connector can be a karabiner or a snap hook.
Class A: Anchorage connector, automatic lock used as the component and designed to be connected directly to a specific type of anchorage.
Class B: Primary connector with automatic lock used as the component.
Class M: Multi-purpose connector, primary or quick opening, used as a component, which can be loaded along its major axis or minor axis.
Class Q: Quick opening connector used in long-term or permanent applications, screw lock. When completely screwed this part is a supporting part of the connector.
Class T: Manufactured end connector, automatic lock, designed as part of a subsystem for attachment so that the load is carried in a perdetermined direction.
Specific qualifying conformances
EN363 : 2018 Personal fall protection equipment – Personal fall protection systems
EN364 : 1992 Personal protective equipment against falls from a height : Test method