A 50 metre length of hose is supplied with the PAS AirPack 1 as standard, this can be extended to a length of 100 metres with a range of extension hoses. The trolley hose reel connector is protected with a cover to minimise inadvertent damage being caused.
The hose reel is equipped with a winding handle to allow the hose to be easily re-wound onto the reel after use. Outgoing hose distribution is also controlled with a braking system in order to prevent unnecessary unwinding and potential entanglement.
The Dräger PAS AirPack 1 benefits from the world renowned, tried and tested, pneumatics system used on Dräger’s successful PSS range of compressed air breathing apparatus. The system incorporates a safety pressure relief valve and the pressure reducer is shrouded in a protective plate for additional safety.
The PAS AirPack has been ergonomically designed to facilitate ease of operation, general handling and mobility.
The Module comprises of:
- Robust welded durable steel frame coated, for corrosion protection, with a tough black anti-static polymeric powder coating.
- Stainless steel fittings.
- Pressure reducer suitable for connecting breathable quality air at an input pressure of either 200 or 300 bar.
- Pressure reducer suitable for supplying breathable quality air at an outlet medium pressure of 8 bar nominal. (6 to 10 bar)
- Vent valves, to allow for the independent charging if an individual cylinder.
- High Pressure (HP) gauge, indicating cylinder pressure.
- Medium Pressure (MP) gauge, indicating cascade system or ring main pressure.
- Pressure relief valve, to relieve medium pressure from air hoses.
- Whistle Warning Unit – High pressure (HPWWU), indicating cylinder pressure to a volume of approximately 55 bar
- Whistle Warning Unit – Medium pressure (MPWWU) for use with independent air line source. Indicating cascade system or ring main pressure at approximately 4.5 bar.
- Suitable for use in explosive atmospheres (ATEX zone 1)